What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a way of making your account more secure. In addition to entering your regular email address and password, with 2FA enabled you will also be required to enter a one-time password which is generated by a third party application on your mobile device. This greatly reduces the risk of your account being compromised as each one-time password is randomly generated and lasts only 30 seconds.
How to activate
- In the SBK app, navigate to the Account tab, and then to 'Sign in details'.
- To turn on 2FA, tap the ‘Enable two-factor authentication’ button.
- Follow the instructions that appear. You will need to download one of the following apps on your Android or iOS device:
- Duo Mobile
- Google Authenticator
- Paste the code noted in Step 2 from SBK into your authentication app of choice.
- Paste the generated 2FA code from your authentication app into SBK.
How to login using 2FA
- Sign into SBK as normal.
- You will then see a 2FA code entry screen.
- Open the third party authentication app on your mobile device and generate a code for SBK.
- Enter the one time verification code as it appears on the app.
How to turn off 2FA
- In the SBK app, navigate to the Account tab, and then to 'Sign in details'
- To turn off 2FA, tap the ‘Disable two-factor authentication’ button.
How to use 2FA if you no longer have access to your chosen mobile device
If you recently purchased a new phone or if your phone was lost/stolen please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your SBK email address. Please attach a proof of identity document such as a passport, identity card or driver's license so our support team can disable your 2FA for you.